Monday, June 27, 2011

You Don't Take Criticism Very Well


                There are several things that you can say to win any argument at any time. I believe that I am a grande cup full of winner because I have had plenty of successful fights with people. Any argument can be won in just three steps.

One: Just say, “You’re so crazy!”

I worked at Disney World for four months and there were people screaming at me constantly. Sometimes because the line was too long or because someone jumped the line or because their child was too short or because the ride wasn’t working or because they are just stressed out and I am the closest person that they can yell at. WELL. To head off someone who looks like they might blame you for something or ask you something that you can’t answer, you just have to say this: “You’re so crazy!” They key is to walk away after you say it, though.

For example: 
Person: Excuse me, why is this ride always broken?
You: You’re so crazy! (walk away leaving the person looking like a dumbfounded)

Person: Um, I asked for my drink iced.
You: You’re so crazy! (walk away leaving the person trying to decide if what they said actually was crazy)

Person: Did you tell everyone that I’m pregnant!?
You: You’re so crazy! (or maybe just say “no”)

Two: Just say, “You don’t take criticism very well.”

                This can work in several areas. Let’s say that you are in the thick of an argument and it’s clear that you are in the wrong. All you have to do is say, “I just don’t think you take criticism very well.” Or maybe you’re in a situation where you have to tell someone something they don’t want to hear, and then you start the conversation with just that.

For example:
Person: But you don’t understand how that affects me!
You: No I do! But you just don’t take criticism very well!
Person: Are you kidding me?!
You: See?

Three: Just say, “I’m sorry you feel that way.”

                Let’s say that you have tried the other two steps and they just won’t stop bothering you. The thing that you need to remember is most people think that whoever has the last word of the fight wins. This may sounds silly but it’s true. Pretend that you are in an actual fight. Whoever throws the last punch looks the biggest and toughest. The same goes here.

For example:
Person: You can’t spray paint my dog! You can’t!
You: Well, I’m sorry you feel that way. 

Also keep in mind that this works great if they demand an apology from you. 


Now let’s put all of these things together: 

Person: I think that they should bring back the Joker for the next Batman movie.
You: You’re so crazy! (Try to walk away)
Person: No, seriously. They wanted him to be in the third movie. They could even use unused footage from the Dark Knight.
You: That’s dumb.
Person: No it isn’t!
You: Jeez, you don’t take criticism very well.
Person: What? No! I’m just saying it doesn’t make sense for the Joker to have such a huge part and then just disappear.
You: See?
Person: I’m just saying!-
You: Seeee?
Person: Are you kidding me?! You’re so stupid!
You: I’m sorry you feel that way.

                Of course all of these expressions depend on the situation but I have found that they work better in the work place and not as well on your friends. What can we learn from this? Heath Ledger is dead. Get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment